Depending on what is needed, Veltec makes sure that nuclear installations run smoothly or are decommissioned safely. We are specialized in secondary processes and auxiliary installations and carry out major maintenance and dismantling work on site – efficiently, flexibly, and around the clock as desired.
When it comes to decommissioning nuclear installations, disassembly and disposal are among our core competencies – including planning and preparation, approval and documentation. Our range of services includes the following:
- 3D geometric calculation
- Simulation of dismantling and transport processes
- Work preparation for radiation protection
- Decontamination and disassembly work in the presence of elevated alpha contamination.
- Preparation of approval documents and documentation
We are also reliable when carrying out extensive decontamination measures – in research facilities, power companies, and power plants and during decommissioning measures and downtimes for maintenance. Our range of services includes the following:
- Decontamination of installations
- Assembly and disassembly of contamination protection zones and carrying out shielding work
- Operation of decontamination shops and washing facilities for radioactive substances
- Decontamination of pipelines and containers, heat exchangers and evaporators
As an experienced partner in the area of radiation protection, we ensure compliance with the legal requirements, monitor limiting values relevant for radiation protection, and take care of the professional and safe disposal of radioactive residues and wastes. Our range of services includes the following:
- Measurement technology
- Accompaniment of radioactive and Castor transports
- Accompanying services